Design entry must be already commercialized on the market. The vendor applicant must be a business entity or design team.
Call for Entries Period
Early bird registration
Before 23:59, April 7 (Thu.) to June 14 (Tue.), 2022
Before 23:59, June 15 (Wed.) to July 7 (Thu.), 2022
※ Complete the online registration and submit the registration fee before 23:59, May 31 for early bird discount.
Please visit the official Golden Pin Design Award website’s member section ( https://goldenpin.org.tw/en/users/sign_in ) for online registration to fill out entry details and complete registration fee payment.
Computer and information products
Television and home entertainment
Office and stationery products
Kitchen & Tableware
Bathroom & Cleaning supplies
Vehicles and accessories
Travel & Sports
Fashion products, apparel, and accessories
Healthcare and beauty
Maternal and infant products
Industrial equipment and tools
A.I. & Mechanical equipment
Corporate and brand identity
Online and interface design
Recreational and entertainment space
Key Dates & Judging
The Golden Pin Design Award exacts an impartial and professional selection process to select innovative design entries and projects that meet market needs.
- Suitability: Appropriately and completely meets the needs of the target market, community, or consumer group.
- Innovation: Features original concepts, functions, or materials.
- Function: Provides appropriate functions or operations that meet user needs in the target market, community, or consumer group.
- Aesthetics: Appearance showcases the spirit and special features of the design.
- Communication: Expresses the cultural sensibilities of the target market, community, or consumer group (Communication Design category).
Early bird registration
NT$3,500 per entry
NT$5,000 per entry
※ Failure to pay fees before the deadline will result in disqualification.
A. Entry Registation
- Commercially-oriented design that has been produced in collaboration between schools and enterprises must be registered on behalf of the enterprise.
- Former Golden Pin Design Award winning designs cannot be registered to participate again.
- If the ownership of an entry does not belong to a single entity, the applying company is required to acquire authorization from all relevant entities and to ensure the accuracy of the information presented. If any discrepancy in said information is found, the applying entity shall bear full responsibility and waive all qualifications, and the organizer and executive organizer reserve the right to cancel the entry and any prizes awarded to the applying entity.
- If the required fees (g. registration fee) are not received in full by the organizer, the organizer reserves the right to cancel the entry and/or any prizes awarded to the applicant.
- Once the registration process is completed (including the payment of registration fee), the organizer cannot refund the received fee.
- The organizer and executive organizer reserve the right to use or modify entry information, descriptions, photographs, and videos provided by the applicant during registration for promotional purposes.
- Entrants must ensure the accuracy of the information presented for the submitted entries. If a third party makes a claim against an entry, the entrant is required to personally resolve the issue with all due speed.
- Entries shall pass the required safety inspection and may be disqualified from the selection in the case of violations or safety incidents. The entrant shall not receive a refund of their registration fee.
- The organizer and executive organizer may collect the entrants’ personal information for the purpose of design promotion and the operation of this award and competition. Entry registration is accepted by the organizer and executive organizer as consent to the collection, processing, and use of the applicant’s personal information within the necessary scope of purpose mentioned above.
- The organizer and executive organizer may disqualify entries that are found to not meet the criteria for eligibility.
- Entrants must respect the selection results given by the organizer and executive organizer and may not raise any objections on the matter.
B. Submission and Collection of Entries (The delivery of entry for GPDA 2022 is canceled due to the impact of global pandemic.)
- Design entries must adhere to the selection process guidelines devised by the organizer and executive organizer. During the selection process, it is not necessary for entrants or their representatives to present the design entries in person. Participants will be reminded of relevant details one-day prior to the selection process.
- All the design entries must be submitted before the official deadline at each stage of the competition; if the delivery of the design entry is not completed within the time specified by the organizer and executive organizer, it shall be deemed disqualified.
- Applicants participating in the secondary selection and final selection process will be solely responsible for any costs incurred in the transportation of their design entry (including import and export duties, insurance premiums, food inspections fees, etc.) and any required documentation. The organizer will not provide advance payment for deliveries (including import and export duties, insurance premiums, and food inspection fees, etc.).
- Entrants are liable for any damages to their entries and should pack carefully for transport and arrange for insurance coverage. The organizer and executive organizer shall not be liable for any damages to or loss of entries during the selection or exhibition.
- The organizer and executive organizer retain the right to dispose of entries that remain uncollected after the due date; the responsible entrants are liable for any charges incurred.
C. Award Issuance
- The name of the entries, companies, and designers shown on the certificates and trophies are as provided by entrants in the registration system and may not be changed. If an entrant wishes to change any of the names, they shall be liable for any charges incurred in the production of the revised certificate and trophy.
- If any winning design is accused of and verified as being in violation of the provisions of the selection process, of plagiarizing other works, or of providing misleading representations of fact, eligibility for the Golden Pin Design Award will be revoked and any certificates or awards already conferred will be withdrawn by Taiwan Design Research Institute. If the aforementioned circumstances cause a third party to make claims against the organizer or executive organizer, the recipient of the award shall immediately resolve the issue in person, pay all relevant litigation, lawyer, and other fees incurred, and may not request a refund of their registration fee. If the issue causes direct or indirect damage (including but not limited to reputational damage) to the organizer or executive organizer, the recipient of the award shall also be unconditionally liable for compensation, and the organizer and executive organizer may also separately seek punitive damages and indemnity amounting to three times the administrative cost of the awards from the recipient of the award.
- Any dispute arising in relation to the registration, selection process, use, withdrawal of a ‘Design Mark’ or ‘Best Design’, may be settled through mediation or civil or administrative proceedings with the court of first instance located in Taipei.
- If any consumer disputes arise, or accidents occur related to winning design entries, the manufacturer of the design entry will assume full responsibility to resolve all subsequent problems arising therefrom.
- If there are any changes to the contact information provided by an award applicant at the time of registration, then it is the responsibility of the applicant to inform the organizer of the change and to provide updated contact information. The organizer is not responsible for any missed communications related to the Golden Pin Design Award where a change in applicant contact information has not been reported after the time of registration.
- The organizer or the executive organizer reserves the right to amend any or all parts of this document at any time.
Golden Pin Design Award Team, Taiwan Design Research Institute
Tel: +886 2 27458199
Address: 2F., No. 133, Guangfu South Road, Xinyi District, Taipei 11072
Entry Enquiries, Registration & Other Cooperations
Ms. Wen (ext. 335)